Wednesday 11 January 2012

Review: Feel Unique Beauty Box January

Hey Lovelies

Now I must confess I did go on and have a sneaky look at my beauty box account before this got delivered so I already knew what I was going to get and I have to say I wasn't looking forward to it. The reason being there ware no make up items in my box this month, I do love skin and hair care products but I don't really bother using the really small samples as I don't think they give you a good enough idea of what the product is like so I just tend to save them for weekends away when I don't want to take my full sized products. Anyway onto the box for those of you that are interested.



Lierac Coherance L.IR Infared Lifting Cream Sample Size 15ml RRP £56.55 for 50ml

I must say this is a really decent sample size for such an expensive product. It's a firming cream that helps to repair collagen fibres in the skin, I haven't started using anti ageing products yet but maybe I should start. There was also a small 2ml sample of Lierac's Comfort Peel Wrinkle Smoother included in the box.

Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt Brushing Sample Size 2 x 50g sachets RRP £12.25 for 500g

Dead Sea seem to pop up in many beauty boxes! I still have their bath salts from Novembers Glossy Box. These salts are for use in brushing over the body either by hand or with a body brush, I've wanted to get a body brush for ages so this has reminded me to do that. I think I'm going to save them until I do. If anyone has any recommendations of body brushes for me please pop them below!

Caudalie Vinotherapir Nourishing Body Lotion Sample Size 30ml RRP £21.50 for 400ml

I think one of the reasons I wasn't as excited about this box was also because I didn't recognise some of the brands, this being one of them. This is a softening and firming lotion using plant based ingredients, seeing as it's a body lotion this sample definitely isn't enough to cover your whole body, unless it's very tiny so I think I'll be throwing this in my box of overnight samples too.

Phyto PhytoBaume Color Protect Express Conditioner Samples Size 20ml RRP £10.20 for 150 ml

No I didn't make a typo, that's how they have spelt colour on this product. I have read quite a bit about this brand and their hair products, most recently the gorgeous Vivianna of Vivianna Does Make Up fame (link) said she had tried the Phyto Express Conditioner on her lovely locks. Although my hair isn't that long and pretty fine I'd still like enough product for at least a couple of washes and at only 20ml I think this is a bit useless.

Green People Gentle Cleanse Sample Size 10ml RRP £15.25 for 200ml

A brand I had heard of but I haven't yet tried any of their products, Green people use mostly organic ingredients in their products. I doubt I'll be trying this as I'm happy with my skincare routine at the moment although a trial of a sample product I got from the clothes show has convinced me to switch my cleanser so you never know.

So there you go, for me, nothing to exciting or inspiring in this months box, I think we've been spoilt getting full sized products in the beauty boxes lately so when a box full of sample sizes arrives you feel a bit hard done by  haha Think I might be popping over to the Beauty Box Swaps facebook page (link) to see if anybody is interested in any of this months samples. I'm definitely going to keep my subscription though as I've been really happy with my past beauty boxes and been as this months was all skin and hair care that means next months might be all make up!!! :)

Lots of Love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...