Saturday 7 January 2012

Review: YSL Rouge Volupte #13 Peach Passion and a super simple FOTD

Hey Lovelies!

Being one of the most coveted lipsticks in the beauty world it seemed wrong that I didn't own one. Even if I don't really like lipstick. I'd seen so many other people flaunting their golden bullet on their blogs and I had major product envy. Now I have to say generally I'm a lipgloss girl, while I know some people can't cope with the whole sticky, gloopy, hair stuck to your lipness, I have always felt lipsticks just don't 'suit' me. This changed a few months ago, nothing too daring (baby steps) I'd stocked up on some lipsticks for my make up unit at college and while perusing my collection one day I decided to try it out. It was a nudey brown, and I was surprised, I actually quite liked it! Since then I've made myself a little 'to buy' list and top of it was a YSL Rouge Volupte. Now I'd eyed up various  shades, #1 Nude Beige and #30 Fabourg Peach but while I will happily invest £30+ in a new foundation, I was prepared to wait a while until I spent twenty two well earned pounds on a lipstick (no matter how pretty the packaging).And then, randomly perusing blog sales, quickly becoming my latest habit, I came across this beauty for £10. Now granted it wasn't in the shades I'd initially lusted after but #13 Peach Passion sounded and looked, just beautiful. I swiftly sent my payment and awaited my arrival.



The beauty of this product is well documented, its lustrous gold casing combined with the trademark YSL watermelon scent is enough to make any girl, lipstick lover or not, just a bit giddy. Unfortunately the longevity of this lipstick is much talked about also. I'd just applied my make up, bar any form of lip product when I heard this drop through my letter box, it must have been fate I though as I hurriedly tore open the package and got myself to the nearest mirror. And well, I wanted to love this lipstick, I really did, I'd convinced myself that not only would I love this lipstick, but it would be a turning point in my lipstick journey; from now on I'd peruse make up counters eyeing up their lippie offerings instead of instinctively reaching for the latest face products. I'd even found a lovely little storage box that I thought would be perfect for keeping all my soon to be purchases in (sad I know!). The problem I found with this lipstick is in the application, I don't have dry lips, the upside to never having worn lipstick before is that I slather balm on my lips several times a day, this keeps them soft and moisturised, the perfect base for my rouge volupte so I thought. However when I applied the lipstick it seemed to pick up on every single line on my lip, so much so I immediately removed it to check that my lips hadn't randomly dried out overnight. Nope, still fine. I tried once more, this time I decided to combine it with a gloss on the top, I chose my jelly pong pong strawberry shortcake, which already had quite a lot of colour to it. The result was an almost neon lip, definitely not what I was after. So I popped the rouge volupte away in my make up collection and resided myself to the fact that maybe I would never be a lipstick kinda girl.

A few days later the rouge volupte was still on my mind, it was too pretty to just let it sit amongst my make up collection. This time I applied a bit of vaseline first, it was a slight improvement but it felt much more like a gloss rather than a lipstick and the staying power was naff. Almost giving up hope I rubbed in a teeny bit of Figs and Rouge Sweet Geranium Balm from last months Feel Unique Box and this time instead of applying directly from the bullet I used a lip brush to line my lips with the colour and then used the bullet to gently dab the colour on to my lips so I didn't overload them and finally I liked it. It's not the gushy, swoony lipstick lust I thought it might be, but I really do like it.

YSL Rouge Volupte #13 Peach Passion (without flash)

Recently I've been keeping my make up super simple so my rouge volupte has been a perfect accompaniment to my dressed down look but I am looking forward to seeing how it fairs with some heavier eye make up.




Face
Jemma Kidd Light as Air Foundation in Medium (still mixed on this one)
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade medium for blemishes and light for under eye.
ELF HD Powder
Jelly Pong Pong Matt Bronzer for contouring
Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades Blushalicious Blusher

Eyes
Christian Eyebrow Kit (review here)
Loreal Telescopic Clean Definition Mascara

Lips
Figs and Rouge Sweet Geranium Balm
YSL Rouge Volupte #13 Peach Passion

Have any lipstick recommendations for me?

Lots of Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...