Tuesday 29 November 2011

November Loves, Lusts and Letdowns

Hi Lovelies

I'm gonna make this a regular feature on my blog, a round up on some on the products I've used this month for your viewing pleasure :)


Loves

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation



I've not been very well towards the end of this month and it definitely shows on my skin, combined with the change in the weather I've had a couple of break outs and overall my complexion was just a bit blah! I've ordered myself a whole new skincare routine from Eve Taylor so I'm hoping that will be just what my skin needs to revive itself – review to follow. However, I'd thankfully picked up Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation sometime in the summer but hadn't needed anything full coverage at the time so plonked it in the draw with my other foundations (that's 10 by the way!) until a time came when I needed some face camouflaging action. The foundation itself is super pigmented, easy to apply, blends beautifully with my Elf power brush and gives full coverage, no concealer needed! I have the shade 25 nude and it's definitely gonna be my go to foundation for bad skin days. Vichy say this foundation lasts for 12 hours and I'd agree with that, there is also a Vichy setting powder available but I just set mine with my regular Elf or MAC powder and find it lasts just as well. Don't be put off by that fact that it's full coverage, when applied it doesn't have that 'cakey' affect but just works brilliantly to even out your skin tone, this can also be used as a concealer if you prefer not to apply full coverage to the whole of your face. Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation is available from Boots and priced at £15.50 for a 30ml tube, the only down side of this product is the lack of colour range! With a measly 5 shades in the range unfortunately there's not gonna be one to suit everyone but I do think it's worth it if there is one for you.


Marc Jacobs Oh Lola!

The Mr bought me a mahoosive 100ml bottle of this for my recent birthday, he is good! :) I have previously had Marc Jacobs Daisy and Lola so although I hadn't smelt this one yet, I knew I'd love it. And I wasn't disappointed. It's beautiful, described as a 'fruit floral' which is what I always look for in a fragrance it has notes of vanilla, pear, strawberry, peony and rose. It is definitely a softer scent compared to it's older sister Lola but I love it, and just look at that pretty flower! Now what fragrance shall I hint about for Christmas?


Lusts


Jemma Kidd 'Light as Air Foundation' and Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Cream

Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme 10gJemma Kidd Light As Air Liquid Foundation SPF 18 30ml


Where to start? The only downside of reading so many beauty blogs is that my wish list seems to only ever get longer. This month Vivianna from Viviannadoesmakeup fame has been waxing lyrical about Jemma Kidd 'Light As Air' foundation. It sounds perfect; medium to full coverage, light and long lasting. I don't own any Jemma Kidd products but have done a little research and apparently the radiance cream is the original Jemma Kidd cult product so now I definitely need that too!


Sigma Kabuki F80 Brush



A well renowned tool in the beauty world I'm sure you've all heard the hype about this brush. My tool kit, although extensive, definitely needs updating and where better to start than with this? (This may have changed from a lust to a purchase, along with a couple of other brushes, due to a Black Friday free postage code!)


China Glaze Blue Year Eve and Snow Globe



I tend to stick to a french or neutral polish on my fingers, but when the Christmas season rolls round like many other girls, I can't resist a bit of sparkle! I was kindly treated to the new OPI Rainbow Connection polish by a very lovely friend for my birthday, it's just glittery goodness! But I fear this had just fuelled my sparklefest. I think Blue Years Eve would look soo pretty tipped with Snow Globe, as if you've just dipped your nails in snow, but better, because it's glittery! And to top it all off it comes with an actual snow globe!

Letdowns


The Body Shop Scrub and Butter Cream


When I was a student (FYI: I still think of myself as being so, even though I left uni three year ago!) I worked at Lush. While I was there I gained a whole new respect for fresh, organic, cruelty free products. Even after leaving, and giving up the amazing staff discount, I stayed true to a lot of the products and still recommend them to friends. Whilst at Lush The Body Shop was considered a bit of a taboo, there's a whole history behind it that I wont go into but I've pretty much never bought anything from The Body Shop since they use to sell that squidgy playdough soap and those little bottles of perfume oils. My body pampering consists of either Lush Buffy body butter followed by Vanilla Dee-Lite lotion or Soap and Glory Flake Away teamed with the Righteous Butter. However I'd used up my stash of all of these, (this has never happened before as I'm a bit of a bulk buyer!) and with dwindling funds and a tonne of Body Shop discount codes flying around I figured I'd give them a whirl. I ordered the coconut body scrub and butter and the candied ginger scrub and butter and don't like either. Firstly neither of the coconut products smells anything remotely like real coconut! It has this horridly chemical smell, so much so I couldn't bring myself to use it. Secondly the candied ginger scrub (which smelt slightly less like chemicals) is lacking in scrubby bits, what use is that? I've passed on the candied ginger body butter to The Mr; he is to blame for the decline in my body products, he's a closet moisturiser! But even he asked when we can have the others back. So there you have it, perhaps there was a reason I left my purchases from The Body Shop in the 90's, they most definitely should have stayed there along with my crushed velvet flares and quilted satin bomber jacket *shame face* :)


Lots of Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...